Well, we are back from our trip to Arizona. It was HOT!!! That is an understatement, but I can not really express how hot it was. We had a lovely time. Chad graduated, we are so proud of him for getting finished with college in 4 years.
We started our time in Arizona with some amzing Greek food. I will sure miss that! Then we made our way to the golf course Chad worked at. There were so many bunnies an muskrats everywhere. I think those little animals were muskrats?. The guys golfed 27 holes, I think we drank that many glasses of water! I put on that many ounes of sunscreen, that is for sure. We then got cleaned up and headed out to a bar in Scottsdale for a little party in honor of Chad. I had no idea that the man throwing the party was the owner of the bar!!! No wonder the bottles of Vodka kept coming and he kept opening and pourig the vodka when no one was looking. I guess everyone does that, but still, people kept sitting down at our table talking to him, and I just thought he was so popular. I also got up on the bar for Regina and gave the old wheel a spin. I had to do the moonwalk on top of the bar! That was fun!!! I got really ready to go home really fast once we started nearing that 23 hour of the day we had been awake. We were tired and the DD's of the night. We got to bed at 3:30 their time and 5:30 our time,only to wake up at 7:30 their time so that we knew someone would be available to get the Kohl's from the airport.
Day 2 was filled with family arriving and just relaxing. The Kohl men went at plyed more golf at Gainey Ranch. I sat in the dark hot house!
Day 3 was graduation!!! It was so hot, but it was not too bad because we decided to have Chad come back and take more pictures later. We had a wonderful celebration at dinner that was quickly interrupted by Dave getting sick. Turns out, he had a virus.
Day 4 was kind of random, we got the pictures of Chad, and ate at the delicious Greek resturant again. It was heavenly, just as it was before. I did something I have never done before this day. I went to the horse races and bet on horses. That was fun, but sucked. We obviously lost! Oh and for dinner we ate at a delicious hole in the wall called, The Chuck Box. It was as greasey as it sounds.
Day 5 we had to make our way to a bar to watch the Rockets game. You will see why later. The man there was so nice. He fed us popcorn and huge pizza bites as well as free shots because he felt sorry for us. We got home and Kody got the Virus. SO...I guess I will be sick tomorrow. We will see.
Just a little something interesting, Chad has a girl roomate that kept turning the air conditioner off while we were in there. People, it was 102 outside, why would anyone turn the air OFF??? Aparently she was so cheep she didn't want to pay the bill. Well let me tell you, it is not that expensive to let me sit in your house for a few hours in air conditioning. Oh, and we were sitting in the heat on the last day when all of a sudden the cable goes out. Oh yeah, she turned the cable off on us while we were all there instead of waiting until Monday! We were watching the Houston-Lakers game. We had to go somewhere quick to watch the rest.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Back in normal heat!
Posted by The Kohl's at 12:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment